Wednesday, June 9, 2010

(Ooops) Happy Mothers Day!!!

I was going through past posts and realized I never Posted this, I had it scheduled but never hit post. So I know it is late but better late then never, right?

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.

I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."


— Marjorie Pay Hinckley

I have had an amazing example of what kind of mother I could be. My Mom stayed home and cared for all of us,we were her priority. She is strong,independent and has become my best friend.

Mom, I love you thank-you for all you do.

3 comments:

Saimi

Very sweet Jana, thanks for posting it. I love
sister Hinckleys quote, definitely words to live by

Destiny

Sweet post! I also love the quote.

Rachel Garcia

I like it too although I really hate dirt under my fingernails it really grosses me out bad!

Post a Comment